Join TLA Network board chair, Liz Burke, EdD, for a series of workshops on preparing to teach for the Network.
The series is open to all, and will be on Zoom. The fee for each workshop is sliding scale, $5-$50. Attendees are strongly encouraged to sign up for all three workshops, if possible.
Workshop #1: COMPLETED
Tools for Teachers: Creating a Strong TLA Course Proposal
Monday, April 5, 2021, 6:00 - 7:30 PM EST
This first workshop will cover the fundamentals of creating a strong TLA course proposal, ranging in topics from articulating a concise and engaging description to picking weekly topics, and more.
Tools for Teachers: Marketing Your TLA Class
Monday, April 26, 2021, 6:00 - 7:30 PM EST
This second workshop will help you develop an effective marketing plan for your TLA course, including how to reach your audience on social media platforms, mailing lists, and more.
Tools for Teachers: Creating a Strong TLA Course Curriculum
Monday, May 17, 2021, 6:00 - 7:30 PM EST
This third workshop will help you develop a cohesive and well-rounded structure for your course. We will cover articulating clear learning objectives, creating exercises that work for a variety of learners, and cultivating a transformative online space for teachers and students alike.
Liz Burke, EdD, is a poet, interdisciplinary educator, and writing coach passionate about narrative and arts-based approaches to personal and social transformation. She works with adult students, working-class identified groups, university faculty, LGBTQIA+ communities, women living with the aftermath of sexual assault and harassment, feminist activists, and poets/writers of all kinds. She serves as the TLA Network's Board Chair.
What people say about this workshop...
- This class included so many tips and recommendations! It got me excited to teach!
- Several practical details stood out for me. I am leaving with perhaps 6 things to look into more.
- I really appreciated the perspective of marketing as an invitation to connect and encouragement to center authentic practice in content.
- Oh my, so much amazing content in a short period of time! Suggestions of specific tools was helpful, particularly the idea that I can use google to find out where my audience hangs out.
- This was a great workshop, I could feel the value of right livelihood, it was woven into all the information we were given.
- Liz's manner is welcoming, inspiring, extremely practical, so useful, and wonderfully supportive. In a short time she really created a community among us. Thanks for teaching by example too! :-)
The Transformative Language Arts Network is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
1741 Valley Forge Road, #175, Worcester, PA 19490